Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 11, 2009

Parenting Tip 1: Gain some Patients with your Children

I just can't believe those parents out there with so little patients. Don't get me wrong, I am not perfect. But I don't go around beating my kid just because she doens't want to put her shoe on, I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE! No matter where I go, I see parents being agressive with their children. I went to Sears the other day to get my son's pictures taken and their was a lady with probably a 2 year old in a stroller and little girl didn't want to put her shoe on....First off there is two things wrong with this situation. ONE: the little girl was wearing Crocs in the middle of winter with no SOCKS! REALLY!?!? TWO: the mother smacked her daughter on the leg, HARD, just because she didn't want to put her shoe on. It wasn't like they were leaving the store or anything. The mother could have handled the situation a little differently.

This type of thing is going on every where around the world. Some with low severity like the above story or something with high severity like these stories. I mean everytime you turn on the T.V. there is a story about a child being hurt by their parents or relatives or just creepy people. Most of them are young children. For instance, I have been following a case about a boyfriend that beat a 22 MONTH OLD BABY! Why: because he wouldn't stop crying. Another: a 17 year old daddy of a 2 month old charged with murder. The baby died because the dad shook him to death. Really if you think about it...does a little child make you that mad that you would want to hurt them. Yes, every child crys, says no, bits, and screams at some point but so did you and your parents didn't abuse you because of it. For some people that may not be true. And to them I apologize.

All I can say is that I feel sorry for those children that were born to parents like that. My young child could NEVER make me that mad that I would want to harm them. There is no reason to slap a child or even grab their arm and flick them around like nothing. NO REASON. IF you think that you are the only parent out their that has a stubborn child that won't listen...guess what? YOU ARE WRONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment